Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New West Chelsea Arts studio

I thought I'd start off the Art Blog with photos of my new West Chelsea Arts building studio. I moved into the new studio on April 1st. It's much larger than my previous Tribeca studio. It allows me to work on several paintings and projects at once. New work is flowing already. I started a new series of paintings which I am very excited about. The work is about opening up painting and using large-format digital images of found prints. In the paintings, I rework the original found images. I paint on them with gouache, and paint over the printed images and cover parts in the photos, blocking them out. This process inspired a large work entitled "24 Panel Painting." The new studio paintings are the start of an exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment